Are you makin’ a list and checkin’ it twice—and realizing that giving calorie- and fat-laden treats to your weight-watching friends may not be very nice?
Here are six mixes to please anyone on your gift list:
1. Ho-ho-oats—containers (cellophane bags, plastic tubs, glass jars…) of oatmeal, raisins, dried cranberries, almonds, walnuts, and any other goodies that your recipients can mix as desired in their oatmeal. Optional: cinnamon.
2. ” ‘At’s Italian” seasoning—mix 1 Tbsp each: oregano, basil and sage, and 1 tsp each: rosemary and red pepper flakes. Great for spicing up the marinara sauce!
3. Tasty taco seasoning—mix 3 tsp chili powder and 1 tsp each: cumin and red pepper flakes. Now that’s a tasty taco!
4. Pumpkin pie spice—mix 1 Tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp each: mace, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. Simplify the season!
5. Hail to the trail mix—mix nuts, dried fruit, sunflower seeds…be creative! (Maybe even sneak in a few M&Ms to satisfy that pesky sweet tooth!)
6. Musical mix—burn a CD of great tunes that you can’t help but groove to. Your recipients can download them to their MP3s for rockin’ workouts!
Do you have any more mixes to share? (That’s what that little “comments” box below is for!) 😉