I don’t know about you, but I can make it through the day successfully staying within my eating plan. But come nighttime, all I want to do is eat!
Here are some tried-and-true tips for overcoming twilight treat temptation:
1. Eat a HUGE salad for dinner. The time it takes to eat it—and its fiber—will fill you up. If you need a sweet top-off, indulge in something small like a bite-size chocolate.
2. Popcorn—it’s a great filler-upper! (Hey, lay off the butter!)
3. Brush your teeth as soon as you get the urge to splurge on after-dinner tidbits.
4. Find a distraction. Have you always wanted to try knitting? Scrapbooking? Piano? Activity keeps your mind busy—and off of food.
5. When a snack attack occurs, take time out to exercise. You’ll soon forget about food.
6. Eat—but eat healthy and small-scale.
7. Plan ahead: Leave a calorie buffer to use up at night.
Do you have more tips to share? (Again, that’s what that little comment box is for!) Until tomorrow, stay confident and resolute!